Friday 6 May 2011

May already!


Crikey this year is flying by!!! This weekend sees us going to Blackdown show, a nice and local ish one for us at Taunton Racecourse in Somerset... James is judging, and me, well in my lack of wisdom, have agreed to have a trade stand! SO this week has been uber busy sorting stock, ordering new stock, and display panels, and all of it still needs pricing before sunday morning! I dont make like easy for myself do i!!

This week has been particularly pants, i feel ill, and crap in general, im still getting over my chest infection, i have been pretty down about jak, as im still coming to terms with the loss of him which i still find very hard :( and then to top it off i get a comment made about me that was uncalled for! I find it amazing that people feel the need to judge others like this, to make an assumption is one thing, but people must know by now there are two sides to every story, and what either side may or may not know could be the truth, only those directly involved will know the truth, and quite frankly for people who dont know me personally should not judge things about me, without asking me first. That is all it takes, ask, and i will do my best to answer, i will always be honest, but i wont directly or purposefully hurt someone.

Gossip is another world, i wont even get started on that one - again, if you have heard a rumour you would like to know about, just ask! most of the time its chinese whispers.

Just as an example, when i had terra as a puppy i was asked if i was going to breed from her, i said i was undecided as her dna test wasnt back, as he mum is a tested carrier for cea, i would need to know her status before doing so. well by the next show i went to, i had people asking why i was considering breeding when my puppy HAD CEA??? WTF??
Obviously she didnt HAVE CEA, but it was still bizarre the way my conversation with 2 people had changed peoples perception of me!! Obviously when i was asked, i put people straight, she was infact tested NORMAL!! lol, so the gossip factory was shut down just temporarily.

When you breed, like it or lump it, people talk about you line, and or dogs, and dogs you may have used etc, its part and parcel of it unfortunatley, but you take the rough with the smooth, not everyones opinions are the same, it would be boring if they were!

So remember next time you comment on someones dog, people may misinterpret whats been said and you could be running a 3 legged orange hyena....

1 comment:

Harrjak said...

Lol more people must have insulted me than I thought!

Re the posting here, I have spoken to the person I am referring to about their comments, and have straightened things out with them, I'm venting on here, not sniping or accusing anyone of anything :-) just stating that if someone has an issue or query, to sort it with myself if it involves me, or direct with the owners/breeders if it concerns them.
The comments I've had re breeding this week have bordered on bizarre and prove Chinese whispers are rife within agility as always :-)

I tried to add this to the blog body but it wouldn't let me :-)