Tuesday 19 October 2010

and so....

we finished the year with a lovely welsh show, the last outdoor one for me of the year, and my only one since dogs in need with meg having her elbow op done! she worked really well, I was really pleased, just a couple of silly mistakes, we are working towards clear rounds, and getting there slowly! I do find courses a struggle, as i didnt win into grade 6 with her, i think that is a downfall for me, Tim managed to get her to 6 with no right hand weaves, and skin of her teeth contacts, but had the added bonus, he could run! So the last year has been spent working on contacts and weaves, working on her wait and jump action, and now its just weaves and my handling to sort over the winter! Of course in between that time she has also reared a fantastic litter of puppies!

Luckily i have lovely friends who help me with my crap handling, and waddling about the ring!
I am nearing the time where i can get into some winter training (or my WTP!!) and get plans into action!!!! watch this space as i plan on lots of videos of my guys training over the winter!

I also decided, while zig isnt the fastest, she is still looking like she enjoys working, and is training well, and had her first KC clear round in 5 years with lydia at the weekend, so she is almost 9, still fit and active, her heart isnt seeming to bother her, so while she can, im going to let her carry on, who knows when her last season will be?!?!

Dai came out to class to have a break from the puppies and normal walks, and really enjoyed herself, lots of focus and we worked on snake lines and pull throughs,all at small height, and she really worked well, i plan to build her back up to full fitness ( she has stayed fit with her puppies, but i feel they need time to rebuild to be agility fit, especially when using the core muscles!!) and get her training on weaves and jumping over the winter, same with terra, who is already started on her winter training with James.

Chase is starting off on his foundation work now, he has started to notice there are young ladies in his class now, so his focus can lapse at times, and im not an exciting handler, so something i have to work on!

So lots of work to do for my guys! the oldies have it so easy, snoozing all day and pottering about!

No comments: